Thursday, June 18, 2015

ELA REFLECTION

Final ELA Assignment 

My High School Book Shelf

White Teeth by Zadie Smith
(Reread) The Glass Castle by Jeanette Walls
The Color of Water by James McBride
Survival of the Sickest by Sharon Moalem
As You Like It by William Shakespeare
The Scarlet Letter by Nathaniel Hawthorne

Dear 811,

I think this year I actually enjoyed the majority of ELA. Of course, the grammar lessons and vocabulary quizzes weren’t the best but I think that as a class we really had some fun times and made the most of our final year at 51. I’m going to remember our stellar discussions of Romeo and Juliet, I wish we had time for more because everyone brought such in depth and interesting ideas to the table, so thanks for that. You all are so smart!!

I’m also always going to fondly look back on book clubs. I think that when we get to choose our own texts and who we read them with we can truly make the most thoughtful conclusions. Although it was always a struggle to first get the book and then keep taking notes, I think I’m always going to remember acting out Eleanor and Park or plowing through To Kill a Mockingbird. I think Ms. Galang gave us great activities and the perfect balance between time in our groups and time to present.

Also, since I have the attention of whoever’s reading this I just want to thank you  for an amazing year. I know that we are all excited for high school but I appreciated this class so much, you guys are so supportive and I firmly believe each and everyone of you is destined for great things. 

And lastly, wasn’t Am I Blue? great??!!

Love and Synthesis Pages,

Ella

No comments:

Post a Comment